Sunday, August 3, 2014

My 7 Golden Rules for Personal Finance

Here are the simplified 7 golden rules I always try to incorporate in my everyday life. I keep them in my mind whenever I make a decision to do something related to my finances. They help me control my urges to buy unnecesarry stuff, give me a direction to follow, help me stick with my budget, motivate me to achieve my goals and create financial plan, back me up when I am burnt out from work, and keep my thoughts together in times of anxiety when sometimes the future looks dim. This is like a simple formula that I tell myself to follow each and everyday, and certainly all throughout the course of my financial journey. So here they are:

1. Increase income
2. Decrease expenses
3. Multiply assets
4. Minimize liability
5. Increase cashflow
6. Increase savings
7. Multiply investments

This is probably not all of them because I'm sure I'd still keep adding more as I move along. What I am sure though is that these rules are the core of all the decisions I make. It works with me. Try it. Or probably you have your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment